3/22/15

Returning from the Ozarks was a Difficult Thing to do...


As I attempt to get back into the swing of normal everyday life again it is all too easy to get caught up  in reflecting on the wonderful trip that I just had over my Spring Break. Rather than running off to some tropical beach, I spent the week exploring and photographing the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas. I cannot wait to share the many stories and photographs that I gathered while I was there. 

The image above is of the Glory Hole, a remote waterfall located off of the beaten path in the forest. It surprisingly is not advertised and is not visible on the National Forest's maps and directions, despite being one of the most beautiful spots there (in my opinion). A mountain stream flowing over the rocky hillside eroded a circular "portal" into a cave beneath it, creating a stunning waterfall through the ceiling.

Shout out to Alyssa for letting me use her as my human scale figure in this image as she was testing the temperature of the chilly mountain water with her hand. I will be doing a more in depth post or two on this waterfall and its surroundings when I have more time (hopefully later this week), including how to find it if you are to ever visit the Ozarks and want to visit a remote-yet-beautiful landmark.



No comments: