2/9/15

Nightfall Above Chicago

Sunset Over Chicago
Throwback Monday? I guess that is what I am doing with this post about an experience that I had while visiting Chicago this past summer. As a college kid studying architecture, exploring downtown Chicago for the first time was an absolute blast for me. One of my favorite parts of the trip was visiting the Willis (Sears) Tower observation deck. The 1,454 foot tall building is the second tallest in the United States and watching the sun set over Lake Michigan and Chicago from such a high perch was truly a breathtaking experience.
Yes, we do look extremely tired. We had several very busy days!
The gridiron urban layout of Chicago.
The lights were captivating. 
P.S. I just did a post dealing with me photographing the sun set while atop an observation deck in downtown Minneapolis the other day. I thought that it would be interesting to post this "throwback" close to that one to compare the two series. Let me know your thoughts!

No comments: