6/11/15

Royal National Park Birds

Hi everyone! So this past weekend I explored Royal Nation Park which is located an hour train ride south of Sydney's CBD. This park covers roughly 40,000 acres and stretches along miles of beautiful coastline and deep into "bush" environments. My group and I decided to take the scenic route in my taking a train from Sydney's Central Station to a stop called "Sutherland" and switching trains to head down a different line that ended in a cute little town known Cronulla and is where we then hopped aboard a ferry that took us to Bundeena, a small town on the fringes of the park on the coastline. From there we hiked along the coast for several hours.

Amid groups of screaming Sulfur-Crested Cockatoos and Rainbow Lorikeets were a couple of species of birds that are also quite unique. I have gotten a bit desensitized to the constant presence of cockatoos and lorikeets so seeing some other species was a refresher.



No comments: