1/13/13

Shore Crabs

Several days ago I posted how on a recent trip to Washington State I traveled out to Whidbey Island, which is several miles off the coast, near Seattle. In that post I showed you some photos of a baby seal that I had come across, however that wasn't the only animal inhabiting these rocky beaches.
There are several species of small shore crabs in the area, and watching them scurry around the beach is very entertaining. Photographing them posed to be somewhat of a challenge as they don't sit still for very long . Though there are some larger species of crabs living along the coast of the Pacific Northwest these little crustaceans are my personal favorite due to their unique behaviors and "attitudes".

2 comments:

Nature in the Burbs said...

Nice! I was recently in the Seattle area but didn't get a chance to go to Whidbey Island. Maybe next time.

Unknown said...

Photography is basically an art of creativity. The person who is photographer need to be more creative so that he can make the deadly things look alive. I am into aerial photography and loved this profession too.