6/6/09

Astrophotography

What is Astrophotography? Astrophotography is a special kind of photography that involves making photographs of astronomical objects, such as the moon, sun, planets, galaxies, nebulas, etc...this involves taking photographs through a telescope (special gear is needed).

Tonight we have a full moon but it is unfortunately raining right now where I reside so clouds currently cover up the sky. However, here are some images I got of a Waxing Gibbous moon, several nights ago. I varied the shutter speeds to get a variety of brightness in the moon. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool beans!

JW said...

Not sure where to put this but, what happened? You haven't been on in like 2 months. Hope you haven't moved on. Hope to see some more pics soon!

Unknown said...

I just got done posting my new post when I saw this...nope, I'm still here, I've just had a VERY busy - and lazy - summer. With the fall routine kicking back in, expect more photos on a weekly basis.

-WP