8/15/12

Krakow, Poland


I am going to briefly turn away from the "nature" part of this photography blog and show you some photos that I captured last summer during my trip to Poland. Krakow is one of Poland's largest cities (second only to Warsaw) and I had the chance to stay there for several days. I took these photos while the sun was setting on the beautiful town square one evening.
Also during my stay in Krakow, I got to travel the surrounding area. The city itself is beautiful (with the town square taking the cake as the most beautiful part of the city in my opinion) but there are many things to travel to elsewhere. An old (and MASSIVE) palace was extraordinary to walk through and also did a great job at making my house feel super small!
Poland played a huge role in the second World War and I also got to see many places still remaining from the war. The most memorable was going through Auschwitz concentration camp. Walking through the halls and streets where so many people died was both horrific and distressing. Nonetheless, it was truly life changing.  The camp was liberated by the Soviet Union on January 27, 1945.

3 comments:

northierthanthou said...

Lotta red bricks, but that first photo is particularly cool.

Unknown said...

i like this picture...
this is really very nice.
http://www.indianinstituteofphotography.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments! It truly is a beautiful city.