10/14/08

In the Moab

The Moab Desert--which is located in the American south-west--is full of amazing places to photograph. I was there recently, so here are some of the "trophies" that I collected.This is a small shelter/viewing area and the path leading up to it at a rest stop in Utah.The same shelter.The view from the shelter (I used my telephoto lense to get this shot, hence the trees).Aha, the entrance sign for Arches NP(sorry that its crooked-I was really excited to get inside)...the rest of these images were taken in the park's boundries.One of the countless fascinating rock formations in the park.The "Balancing Rock" formation.
The "Balancing Rock" formation from a different perspective.
The "Balancing Rock" formation with some dramatic clouds.
A good picture that shows the main rock texture within and around the park.
The "Fragile Arch". The park's most famous "resident".
The "Fragile Arch" up close.
Now I thought I would add, for humerous reasons, that when I was in the park I had a choice to see one arch--which is ridiculous since there are over 2,000 arches in the park. I narrowed it down to either the Fragile Arch or the Wall Arch...well I chose the Fragile Arch. Unfortunatly, on August 5, 2008, only a couple weeks after my visit, the Wall Arch collapsed...needless to say, I am a bit bumed that I didn't choose to see and photograph that one. I even distinctly remember my dad saying, "Oh, we'll see it next time." Bummer.

No comments: